Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Recycling poachers, meet DeathCan!

After a fairly long respite, you know who was back last night? The fucking recycling poachers, that's who. You know how I know? Because these assholes woke me up at 11:30 last night going through my recycling out front and dropping bottles and shit. These weren't the neighborhood-homeless-guy-with-shopping-cart poachers. These were the organized-group-with-truck poachers. That pisses me off even more, for some reason.

Now, I admit that our recycling can is pretty much a cornucopia of delights for your average recycling poacher, given the number of bottles of wine (and beers, too, I guess) that Super Hot Irish Girlfriend and our associates plow through in an average week. But fuck you for waking me up, and for stealing that shit. SF is looking at a $575 million deficit, and you're not helping.

So here's what I've come up with. I call it DeathCan!!!

What do you think? That should keep 'em out of there, right?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That really makes me mad too. It's one thing if some guy toddles by with his shopping cart and takes the bottles, but last week I watched ours get stolen by a guy with a pickup truck too. WTF? It's like stealing from the city AND the homeless.

PS: Can we have more homegrown graphics on this blog in the future?

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous idea. I wish I had control over my neighbors cans. I had the smashing-bottles-into-a-pickup alarm go off last night (at 2:30 am) and I am seriously considering investing in a bullhorn and/or "Adam's Block" type webcam.

Unfortch, with the economy, I fear the recycling poachers will only grow in number.

I propose we make a deal with them. NO STEALING RECYCLING AFTER 10:00pm. STEAL DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY!

I have no idea how we could organize this, so I'll leave that to some Mission hipsters who don't have a cause for the day. Ready, kids...GO!

Unknown said...

A) I love the visual!!

B) I think Death Can might work. BUT, are the poachers wearing gloves? It might not work if they are.