Tuesday, November 11, 2008

From the Sports Desk (broadly defined)


- Big congrats to young Timmy Lincecum on winning the Cy Young. I happen to have a baseball signed by the last Giants winner, Mike McCormick, who won in 1967. He gave it to Super Hot Irish Girlfriend after she sat in his lap. Long story.

- I've been avoiding watching the 49ers more or less since around 2003 since, well, they've sucked pretty relentlessly. I did watch a little bit of last night's game against the Cardinals, and I have to say, they looked totally not bad except for that STUPID FUCKING CALL ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING SINGLETARY? There's 4 seconds left and you're 2 yards out and you hand it off to Michael Robinson for a run up the middle? I don't get it. Predictably, he got stuffed. Game over, Niners lose.

- When Vanderbilt was 5-0 and ranked, what, 18th in the country, my Dad, always the optimist, said "They won't win another game." Sadly, he might be right.

- This is sort of sports-related. Since we got Leland the Dog, the cat, whose occupancy at our residence predated Leland, has more or less secreted herself in the bedroom and only come out to hiss at him, eat some food, and slink back to her lair.

But in the last day or so, she figured out that Hey, I can take this guy!! Now she's starting to come after him a little and scare him out of her way and he's learning now not to fuck with her. This will improve interspecies relations all around, I feel.


No puppy cam in the future, sorry.

No comments: